VenusLocker Ransomware- Description
VenusLocker Ransomware is a recently discovered malware which functions according to EDA2. It was introduced to serve educational purpose but the Experts feel very sorry to observe that it has been captured by cyber criminals which is being utilized for the evil activities. VenusLocker Ransomware upon getting inside PC completes the process of file encryption with the help of AES and RSA 2048 Ciphers. The files extension .DB .DBF .MDB .PDB .SQL .APK .APP .BAT .CGI .COM .EXE .GADGET .JAR .PIF .WSF .DEM .GAM .NES .ROM .SAV CAD Files .DWG get affected in most cases and carries ‘.venusf’ extension as their distinct identification. When the encryption process gets over then users are intimated about the whole event along with the ransom demand of amount 100 us dollar through an image file Co3FhMAWcAEp-5y.jpg.
The ransom note is written in following way:
VenusLocker Ransomware also alters the Window Registry Editor and damages the registry keys \
- HKEY_C URRENT_USER\Control Panel\
VenusLocker Ransomware propagation method inside PC
VenusLocker Ransomware propagates inside PC on the basis of spam email attachments, peer to peer file sharing, unverified software updater. Besides users are noticed that they don’t abstain from clicking on shady website and links appeared through unknown source which also contributes in making their PC infected with VenusLocker Ransomware.
How VenusLocker Ransomware shows its effect onto PC ?
- VenusLocker Ransomware upon getting inside PC completes the process of file encryption with the help of AES and RSA 2048 Ciphers and appends ‘.venusf’ extension with all infected files.
- When the encryption process gets over then users are intimated about the whole event along with the ransom demand of amount 100 us dollar through an image file Co3FhMAWcAEp-5y.jpg.
- VenusLocker Ransomware also alters the Window Registry Editor and damages the registry keys.
Is it possible to get the encrypted files back without making payment?
Experts have realized that paying ransom is not a wise step under any circumstances as cyber hackers can’t be the subject of trust. Instead users can get their files back through created backup images in external drives and shadow volume copies if not deleted by attacking malware. Further Experts also suggest to remove VenusLocker Ransomware with the help of effective and most trusted anti malware software.
Steps to Uninstall VenusLocker Ransomware from PC
Procedure 1: Reboot Your PC in Safe Mode
How To Start Computer in Safe Mode with Networking (Win XP/Vista/7)
- Please restart your system. Just before the Windows start, continuously press F8 on your keyboard. Now, you will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selection options. Please use the keyboard’s arrow up or down to navigate between selections and then hit Enter to proceed.
Method To Start Win 8 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Restart your PC and as soon as it begins to start, kindly please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing the Advance Boot Options, Win 8 will display the Recovery Mode. So, continue with the given instructions until you reach the Safe Mode function.
- Tap on ‘See advanced repair options’.
- Then after, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Advanced options.
- On the next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, click on the Restart button. Now, Windows 8 will restart and boot into the Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
ShadowExplorer can be really helpful in restoring your file encrypted by VenusLocker Ransomware
When VenusLocker Ransomware attacks it generally tries to delete all shadows copies which is stored in your computer. But there are chances that VenusLocker Ransomware is not able to delete the shadow copies everytime. So you need to restore the original files using shadow copies.
Follow these simple steps to restore original files through shadowexplorer
- you need to download shadowexplorer link from http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html
- Install it on your system
- Now you need to open shadowexplorer and select c: drive on left panel
- Now choose at least one month ago date from date field.
- Now you need to go to the folder which have encrypted filed.
- Now right click the encrypted files
- You need to export the original files and choose a destination to store them.
System restore can be another method to restore your encrypted files
1. Open start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System tools >> System Restore
2. Click next to go to restore window
3. See what restore points are available for you , choose a restore point at least 20 to 30 days back.
4. Once selecting click next
5. Choose disk c: (it must be selected by default)
6. Now click next and system restore will start working and will be able to finish in few minutes.
Another method for recovering your decrypted files are file recovery software
If above methods are not successful you can go for file recovery software. It can be helpful in recovering your encrypted files as VenusLocker Ransomware first makes a copy of original files and then encrypt it. After encryption it deletes the original files. So there is high probability that these file recovery software can help you in recovering your original files. You can find links to some best file recovery software below.
1. Recuva : you can download from http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
2. Testdisk: you can download from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
3. Undelete360: you can get it from http://www.undelete360.com/
4. Pandora Recovery: you can download from http://www.pandorarecovery.com/
5. Minitool partition recovery: you can get it from http://www.minitool.ca/