Technical Details on PUA.PCCurePlus
- Name: PC Cure Plus
- Type: Potentially Unwanted Application
- Discovered on: March 20, 2017
- Updated on: July 28, 2017 4:00:31 PM
- Publisher: Viracure Ltd.
- Version: 1.5
- Infection Length: Varies
- Alert Level: Low
- Infected Systems: Windows OS
Get More Knowledge on PUA.PCCurePlus
Likewise, the IT professionals have categorized this software as a potentially unwanted application. However, at the time of securing your machine and eliminating the possible chances of computer vulnerabilities, you may end up installing PUA.PCCurePlus application onto your machine which claims to speed up the overall performance of your computer and makes it more secure from the attack of any possible threats. Besides the registry fixer, it also offers an in-built scheduler scanner to maintain the proper state of registry entries. Furthermore, it also offers backup services. In order to get the PC users on a hook, the device shows unexpectedly high number of problems. Hence, the system users who are not aware with such deceptive marketing tricks, might lure into purchasing the full version of PUA.PCCurePlus.
Why PUA.PCCurePlus should be removed from your PC?
After purchasing the full version, the program ceases displaying plenty of alarming notifications. Nonetheless, presence of such suspicious apps may not only make the system sensitive to virtual threats, but also meddles up with the registry entries which may lead to severe outcomes as well. Therefore, PUA.PCCurePlus removal might be a wiser option for you.
Process To Uninstall PUA.PCCurePlus Possible Steps For From Your System
Step 1 : How To Reboot Your System In Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows 8 & Win 8.1
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel >> System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap OK. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Click Troubleshoot icon, select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
- Tap Restart. After the reboot process, click on Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
For Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Restart your System. To be sure don’t miss the time because you need to press F8 as soon as the System starts booting.
- Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking option.
Step 2 : Check All Hidden Files & Folders Related To PUA.PCCurePlus
- For this you need to know how to reveal hidden files and folders
Step 3 : How To Uninstall PUA.PCCurePlus From Control Panel
- Hold together Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl command and hit OK.
- You are now in Control Panel. Look for PUA.PCCurePlus related suspicious programs and Uninstall them immediately.
Step 4 : Uninstall All PUA.PCCurePlus Related Startup Items
- Type msconfig command in search field and click OK button. Now, a window will pop-up.
- Select Startup >> Uncheck all entries that have Unknown as Manufacturer or look for suspicious PUA.PCCurePlus related items.
Step 5 : How To Clean Suspicious IPs Linked With PUA.PCCurePlus
- Hold Start Key and R, paste notepad %windir%/System32/Drivers/etc/hosts command and tap OK.
- A new file will open. So, if you are hacked, there will be a number of unknown IPs connected to you at the bottom.
- You can see it on the image provided below.
Step 6 : Uninstall Rogue DNS Added By PUA.PCCurePlus
- Open start menu and search for the Network Connections (On Win 10 you just write it after clicking on the Windows button), then hit enter.
- Right-click on Network Adapter that you are using >> Properties >> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), and tap on Properties.
- Now, the DNS line should be set to the Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, then set it by yourself.
- Click on the Advanced >> DNS tab. Uninstall PUA.PCCurePlus and everything from here (if there is something), then hit OK.
Step 7 : Method To Eradicate PUA.PCCurePlus From Web Browsers
Uninstall PUA.PCCurePlus From Browser Shortcuts
- Right tap on browser shortcut, select Properties.
- Then after, Properties >> Shortcut. In the Target, eradicate PUA.PCCurePlus and everything after .exe.
NOTE : Here, we are showing steps for Google Chrome, but you can do this for IE and Firefox or Edge.
Uninstall PUA.PCCurePlus Related Add-ons From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, and tap on Manage Add-ons.
- Find PUA.PCCurePlus >> Disable. Go to >> Internet Options >> alter the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked), then Apply.
Kill Malicious Extension Added By PUA.PCCurePlus In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap on Add-ons >> Extensions.
- Find PUA.PCCurePlus and click on Uninstall ASAP.
Step 8 : Guideline To Uninstall PUA.PCCurePlus From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously.
- Now, go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which ones are dangerous or related to PUA.PCCurePlus.
- Right click on each of the malicious processes separately and then select Open File Location.
- End process after you open the folder, then Uninstall the directories you were sent to.
Step 9 : Clean PUA.PCCurePlus Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Press CTRL and F together and type PUA.PCCurePlus. Right tap and Uninstall any entries you find with similar threat name. If the malware related registry entries do not show, then go manually to these directories and Uninstall them.
The above manual steps require computing skills which is not possible for newbies. Alternatively one can use some free tool to scan and detect PUA.PCCurePlus on the System.
Use AdwCleaner (Free Tool) To Scan And Detect PUA.PCCurePlus
- It is advised to make use of AdwCleaner to scan all files and entries of Windows System for detection of PUA.PCCurePlus.
- For complete details on how to install and run AdwCleaner Tool, click here.