Uninstall Mailto ransomware from Windows 7 : Clear Away Mailto ransomware
Remove Mailto ransomware & Restore Encrypted Files
This articles has been intended to help PC users to get rid of Mailto ransomware strike in easy method. Here you will find the removal actions along with entire information about this ransomware. Nowadays large no. of Computer users are receiving victimized at the same time due to lack of correct knowledge so hope this post will certainly prove as useful tool to revive your encrypted files.
Comprehensive Description About Mailto ransomware
|Threat Name||Mailto ransomware|
|Signs||Upon its intrusion documents get encrypted and carries certain extension.|
|Distribution Deleterious||Spam email accessories, freeware applications and unspecified websites.|
|Removal||It can be removed through Manual removal guidelines as well as by installing anti malware device.|
|Mailto ransomware||HP PCs – Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus – HP Support|
|Mailto ransomware||Free Tips to Remove Malware|
Steps To Delete Mailto ransomware From System
Procedure 1: Reboot Your System In Safe Mode
How To Start Computer In Safe Mode with Networking (Win XP/Vista/7)
- Please restart your system. Just before the Windows start, continuously press F8 on your keyboard. Now, you will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selection options. Please use the keyboard’s arrow up or down to navigate between selections and then hit Enter to proceed.
Method To Start Win 8 In Safe Mode With Networking
- Restart your System and as soon as it begins to start, kindly please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing the Advance Boot Options, Win 8 will display the Recovery Mode. So, continue with the given instructions until you reach the Safe Mode function.
- Tap on ‘See advanced repair options’.
- Then after, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Advanced options.
- On the next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, click on the Restart button. Now, Windows 8 will restart and boot into the Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
Procedure 2: ShadowExplorer can be really helpful in restoring your file encrypted by Mailto ransomware
When Mailto ransomware attacks it generally tries to Delete all shadows copies which is stored in your computer. But there are chances that Mailto ransomware is not able to Delete the shadow copies everytime. So you need to restore the original files using shadow copies.
Follow these simple steps to restore original files through shadowexplorer
- Download shadowexplorer link from http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html.
- Install it on your system.
- Now you need to open shadowexplorer and select c: drive on left panel.
- Now choose at least one month ago date from date field.
- Now you need to go to the folder which have encrypted filed.
- Now right click the encrypted files.
- You need to export the original files and choose a destination to store them.
Procedure 3: System restore can be another method to restore your encrypted files
- Open start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System tools >> System Restore.
- Click next to go to restore window.
- See what restore points are available for you , choose a restore point at least 20 to 30 days back.
- Once selecting click next.
- Choose disk c: (it must be selected by default).
- Now click next and system restore will start working and will be able to finish in few minutes.
Procedure 4: Another method for recovering your decrypted files are by using file recovery software
If above methods are not successful you can go for file recovery software. It can be helpful in recovering your encrypted files as Mailto ransomware first makes a copy of original files and then encrypt it. After encryption it Deletes the original files. So there is high probability that these file recovery software can help you in recovering your original files. You can find links to some best file recovery software below.
- Recuva : you can download from http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
- Testdisk: you can download from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
- Undelete 360: you can get it from http://www.undelete360.com/
- Pandora Recovery: you can download from http://www.pandorarecovery.com/
- Minitool partition recovery: you can get it from http://www.minitool.ca/