Research Report on Trojan.Trickybot!gm
- Name: Trojan.Trickybot!gm
- Type: Trojan
- Discovered on: 18th October 2016
- Latest Published: 18th October 2016, 1:29:47 PM
- Risk Impact: High
- Infection Length: Varies
- Systems Affected: Windows Operating System
Complete Information on Trojan.Trickybot!gm
Like its name suggests, Trojan.Trickybot!gm is a noxious Trojan virus which is designed by the con artists to obtain illegal access over the compromised machine through a backdoor access. Much like a real-life backdoor which allows a robber to enter a building or a house without being seen, a backdoor virus into a system like the one that allows cyber criminals to gain access to the infected machine without being detected by infected PC’s security system. Once it gets inside the computer, the malware will open up an unauthorized access which allows con artists to carry out its malicious tasks by gaining complete access to the affected machine from a remote location.
While a backdoor threat can be used by the hackers to do anything over the infected system, for example, stealing sensitive information, installed other destructive viruses or deleting the crucial files from the infected computer’s hard drive, the Trojan.Trickybot!gm virus is usually associated with a online scam which involves stealing login data for online banking accounts and even cause identity theft. It can also be used in order to execute a keylogger virus onto the infected system. This keylogger infection records all the keys that are presented onto the compromised PC’s keyboard, means that cyber crooks can then use this data for stealing your online passwords and other confidential data.
What kind of Tasks Can Trojan.Trickybot!gm Be Used For?
Apart from stealing user’s sensitive data, the malware can be used as a part of other large scale malicious attacks. Cyber offenders can use this Trojan to install other threats on your machine, typically a rogue system security application or a destructive virus. There are lots of other variants of Trojan.Trickybot!gm that can be used by the hackers for numerous online scams and attacks. Basically, the virus allows con artists nearly the same level of PC control as if they were sitting in the front of your system’s screen. In case, if you are afraid that your system has been in contact with noxious Trojan infections, then you should scan your computer with a credible and trustworthy anti-malware shield after restarting the machine in Safe Mode.
How To Delete Trojan.Trickybot!gm Manually From PC
Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking on Win 8/10
- Exit all the programs on PC, running in the background
- Click and hold Shift key and Restart button
- Troubleshooting Option will appear on the Screen
- Click and select on Troubleshoot icon
- Now Choose on Advanced Option
- Startup Settings is to be selected by clicking the icon
- Now press Restart Button and keep tapping Keyboard to select Safe Mode with Networking.
How to Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking on Win XP/Vista/7
- Keep on Tapping F8 until Advanced Options Menu is presented
- Now select Safe Mode with Networking by using up and down arrow on keyword to navigate.
- Now Tap on Enter to proceed further
Step 2: Hold Start Key + R and copy + paste appwiz.cpl –> OK.
This will open Control Panel. Now look for all Trojan.Trickybot!gm related suspicious entries and Uninstall it at once.
Now Type msconfig in the search box and press enter
Uncheck suspicious and Trojan.Trickybot!gm related entries.
Step: 3 Tap Start Key and R – copy + paste the following command and click on OK:
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Now, a new file will open. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Trickybot!gm, there will be a bunch of unknown IPs connected to the machine at the bottom. Look at the image below:
- If there are lots of suspicious IPs below “Localhost”, then eliminate it without any delay.
Step 4: Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which one is a Trojan.Trickybot!gm process.
- Right click on each of the Trojan.Trickybot!gm processes separately and select the Open File Location. End process after you open the folder. Then after, remove the directories you were sent to.
Step 5: Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Once inside, press the CTRL and F together and type the Trojan.Trickybot!gm. Right click and remove any entries that you find with a similar name. If they do not show in this way, then go manually to these directories and uninstall them:
Step: 6 Scan and Detect Trojan.Trickybot!gm with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
To remove Trojan.Trickybot!gm, scan your PC using Malwarebytes Anti-malware. This tool will detect all the related Trojan, malware or any other threats that remain hidden on compromised PC. (To know how to install and use this tool click on the link)