In computer system, one can easily adjust how long the PC will wait before sleeping or hibernating – or can forbid it from turning itself off altogether. However, in the case of battery powered laptop, users are required to stay careful as in it, inhibiting sleep or hibernation might result in data loss if the battery dies. Here below effective steps have been listed on how do I stop my computer from going to sleep
Steps to Stop Windows 10 from Going To Sleep
- Firstly open up the Power Options in the Control Panel. Now in Windows 10, one can get there via making right click onto the start menu and going to Power Options.
- Tap change plan settings next to your respective current power plan.
- Modify ‘Put the computer to sleep’ to never.
- Lastly, click ‘Save Changes’.
Steps To Stop Windows 8 from Going To Sleep
- Initially bring up the Charms bar via pressing the Windows key and C together/ swiping in from the right corner on a touchscreen.
- Tap ‘Settings’ and then choose Change PC Settings at the bottom.
- Lastly go to Power & sleep in the left-hand menu and then click ‘never’.
Steps To Stop Windows 7 from Going To Sleep
- Initially open up Power Options via tapping the Start button, tapping Control Panel, tapping System and Security and then clicking Power Options.
- Now on the selection of a power plan page, tap Change plan settings right next to the selected plan.
- Further onto the Change settings for the plan page, tap Change advanced power settings.
- Onto the Advanced settings tab, make double-click on Sleep → Sleep after and then either of the set forth practices :
- In a case of using a laptop, tap battery or Plugged in (or both), tap the arrow and then tap Never.
- In a case of using a desktop computer, tap Setting, tap the arrow and then click Never.
- Now double-click Hibernate after and then execute either of one of the following :
- If using a laptop, tap batter or Plugged in (or both), tap the arrow and then tap Never.
- If using a desktop computer, tap Setting, tap arrow and then click Never.
- If also want to display for staying turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after and then practice either of the following :
- If using a laptop, tap battery or Plugged in (or both), tap the arrow and then tap Never.
- If using a desktop computer, tap Setting → arrow → Never.
- Lastly tap ‘OK’ ad then tap the Save changes.
Execution of the above mentioned steps will for surely help the Windows users in how do I stop my computer from going to sleep.