I have caught an adware on my system named "SafeurityPlayer" last week. After intrusion my computers shortcuts have got changed. My homepage and search engine provider got replaced with hijacked pages that can make severe redirections on malicious sites to drop more malware into system. So if you are thinking about the removal then follow the below given removal steps carefully.
SafeurityPlayer : Complete Information About The Culprit
SafeurityPlayer is yet another computer infection and a scary one. It is an adware program developed by hackers to show an excessive amount of misleading advertisements on the targeted system. It's a misleading and smart malware infection that can easily sneak into your Windows PC. This infamous PC infection that is capable of infecting all famous web browsers and multiple users to view these intrusive ads regularly. It can affect web clients such as Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and similar others. This unwanted program appears on your PC whenever you go online to surf internet. It will appear on every website that you opened in your compromised browsers, especially on online shopping sites. If you accidentally click on these random ads, then your browser will be redirected to some unknown websites.
The adware is primarily intended to increase traffic to their affiliate sites by displaying many ads and generating more revenue. It mainly redirects your browser to low quality websites and fraud where you can be tricked easily. You must be thought that how SafeurityPlayer got installed on your system? It is very clear that you have not installed or download this noxious adware on your machine itself. This annoying threat silently enter inside of system along with the packages installers of free programs of third party developed software that do not show the list of the installation programs. You have only best option to save system from unwanted installation by using "Custom or Advanced" screen for every new system software installation.
So as you read above this can do many of unwanted works to damage PC. So remove SafeurityPlayer from infected machine by using a powerful anti-malware on it.
Instructions To Uninstall SafeurityPlayer Possible Steps For From Your Operating System
Step 1 : How To Reboot Your Operating System in Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Restart your Operating System. To be sure don’t miss the time because you need to press F8 as soon as the Operating System starts booting.
- Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking option.
For Windows 8 & Win 8.1
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel >> Operating System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> Operating System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap OK. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Click Troubleshoot icon, select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
- Tap Restart. After the reboot process,
- Click on Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
Step 2 : Uninstall All Hidden Files & Folders Related to SafeurityPlayer
- For this you need to know how to reveal hidden files and folders.
Step 3 : Process To Uninstall SafeurityPlayer From Control Panel
- Hold together Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl command and hit OK.
- You are now in Control Panel. Look for SafeurityPlayer related suspicious programs and Uninstall them immediately.
Step 4 : Uninstall Related Startup Items Created by SafeurityPlayer
- Type msconfig command in search field and click OK button. Now, a window will pop-up.
- Select Startup >> Uncheck all entries that have Unknown as Manufacturer or look for suspicious SafeurityPlayer related items.
Step 5 : Tips To Clean Suspicious IPs Linked With SafeurityPlayer
- Hold Start Key and R, paste “notepad %windir%/Operating System32/Drivers/etc/hosts” command and tap OK. A new file will open.
- So, if you are hacked, there will be a number of unknown IPs connected to you at the bottom. You can see it on the image provided below.
Step 6 : Uninstall Rogue DNS Added by SafeurityPlayer
- Open start menu and search for the Network Connections (On Win 10 you just write it after clicking on the Windows button), then hit enter.
- Right-click on Network Adapter that you are using >> Properties >> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), and tap on Properties.
- Now, the DNS line should be set to the Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, then set it by yourself.
- Click on the Advanced >> DNS tab. Uninstall SafeurityPlayer and everything from here (if there is something), then hit OK.
Step 7 : Method To Eradicate SafeurityPlayer From Web Browsers
Uninstall SafeurityPlayer From Browser Shortcuts
- Right tap on browser shortcut, select Properties.
- Then after, Properties >> Shortcut. In the Target, eradicate SafeurityPlayer and everything after .exe.
NOTE: Here, we are showing steps for Google Chrome, but you can do this for IE and Firefox or Edge.
Uninstall SafeurityPlayer Related Add-ons From Internet Explorer:
- Open IE, and tap on Manage Add-ons.
- Find SafeurityPlayer >> Disable. Go to >> Internet Options >> alter the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked), then Apply.
Kill Malicious Extension Added by SafeurityPlayer In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap on Add-ons >> Extensions.
- Find SafeurityPlayer and click on Uninstall ASAP.
Step 8 : Guideline To Uninstall SafeurityPlayer From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously.
- Now, go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which ones are dangerous or related to SafeurityPlayer. Right click on each of the malicious processes separately and then select Open File Location.End process after you open the folder, then Uninstall the directories you were sent to.
Step 9 : Clean SafeurityPlayer Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Press CTRL and F together and type SafeurityPlayer. Right tap and Uninstall any entries you find with similar threat name.
- If the malware related registry entries do not show, then go manually to these directories and Uninstall them.