.707 Extension File Ransomware Description
.707 Extension File Ransomware is the latest variant of GlobeImposted ransomware that demands 0.18 BTC as ransom in order to decrypt '.707' extension files. The ransom amount must be paid within 2 days via a Bitcoin base wallet only. Actually, threat actors don't accept payment through other wallets because they don't want to give any clue to cyber police for tracking their location. You should know that transactions made through cryptocurrency wallet – Bitcoins can not be tracked. So that, if they don't deliver proper decryption key to you after getting paid, you won't be able to take any legal action against them.
Furthermore, .707 Extension File Ransomware generates a ransom note file named as 'RECOVER-FILES.html' that contains information on how to decode files and how to contact ransomware attackers. We have read the note, its developers act like good people, provide guarantee to decode files. Actually, they decrypt your one encoded files for free to earn your trust. May be, they can help you to decrypt your files at a price. But the problem is, they will enlist your email ID in the list of easy target and try to extort money from you constantly by delivering various types of ransomware. We oppose paying off ransom to .707 Extension File Ransomware developers. It could disclose your online banking credentials with remote hackers and then dooms day will begin in your normal life.
How does .707 Extension File Ransomware work?
First, the ransomware get inside your Windows system through spam emails attachments or links that you click during your online session. Following installation, .707 Extension File Ransomware scans your local disk and connected drives instantly. Next, it creates a index of target files and starts AES encryption engine. It only takes few minutes to encode even a huge amount of data. You should note that AES engine encrypts files fastly and makes them inaccessible until you use proper decryption or master key to recover them.
Though, it is our suggestion, do not double click spam emails attachments and you must keep your security software updated to witness real time protection. At this time, remove .707 Extension File Ransomware using the given instruction:
Steps To Uninstall .707 Extension File Ransomware From Windows System
Procedure 1: Reboot Your Windows System In Safe Mode
How To Start Computer In Safe Mode with Networking (Win XP/Vista/7)
- Please restart your system. Just before the Windows start, continuously press F8 on your keyboard. Now, you will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selection options. Please use the keyboard’s arrow up or down to navigate between selections and then hit Enter to proceed.
Method To Start Win 8 In Safe Mode With Networking
- Restart your Windows System and as soon as it begins to start, kindly please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing the Advance Boot Options, Win 8 will display the Recovery Mode. So, continue with the given instructions until you reach the Safe Mode function.
- Tap on ‘See advanced repair options’.
- Then after, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Advanced options.
- On the next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, click on the Restart button. Now, Windows 8 will restart and boot into the Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
Procedure 2: ShadowExplorer can be really helpful in restoring your file encrypted by .707 Extension File Ransomware
When .707 Extension File Ransomware attacks it generally tries to Uninstall all shadows copies which is stored in your computer. But there are chances that .707 Extension File Ransomware is not able to Uninstall the shadow copies everytime. So you need to restore the original files using shadow copies.
Follow these simple steps to restore original files through shadowexplorer
- Download shadowexplorer link from http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html.
- Install it on your system.
- Now you need to open shadowexplorer and select c: drive on left panel.
- Now choose at least one month ago date from date field.
- Now you need to go to the folder which have encrypted filed.
- Now right click the encrypted files.
- You need to export the original files and choose a destination to store them.
Procedure 3: System restore can be another method to restore your encrypted files
- Open start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System tools >> System Restore.
- Click next to go to restore window.
- See what restore points are available for you , choose a restore point at least 20 to 30 days back.
- Once selecting click next.
- Choose disk c: (it must be selected by default).
- Now click next and system restore will start working and will be able to finish in few minutes.
Procedure 4: Another method for recovering your decrypted files are by using file recovery software
If above methods are not successful you can go for file recovery software. It can be helpful in recovering your encrypted files as .707 Extension File Ransomware first makes a copy of original files and then encrypt it. After encryption it Uninstalls the original files. So there is high probability that these file recovery software can help you in recovering your original files. You can find links to some best file recovery software below.
- Recuva : you can download from http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
- Testdisk: you can download from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
- Undelete 360: you can get it from http://www.undelete360.com/
- Pandora Recovery: you can download from http://www.pandorarecovery.com/
- Minitool partition recovery: you can get it from http://www.minitool.ca/