About ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error
ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED are among those error message which you never want to encounter while surfing Internet. It is a Windows based error message which is frequently faced by Google Chrome users. Generally the error arise when there is some issue with the proxy settings. Proxy is a kind of medium which connect IP with external sites or online services. Therefore if proxy get damaged or it is configured incorrectly, the error message occurs.
ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error can appear suddenly when browsing Internet with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge or any other web browser. The error message appears as a pop-up window which blocks access of opened webpage and also prevent further use of Internet. The error is not only irritating, it can also lead to data loss, hence it is necessary to fix it as soon as possible.
Fixing ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error
If you are also getting ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error message while browsing Internet on Chrome, then stop browsing. To get rid of the error, you can use some other browser than Chrome. If the error continues then just restart WIFI router or use some LAN connection. If these simple steps doesn’t help you to fix the error, then use the below given manual steps :
Method 1 : Check The Proxy Settings Of Your System
- Go to start menu, type control panel in search box
- Open control panel from search result
- Choose Network and Internet option. Open Internet option
- From top of the appeared window, open Connections tab
At bottom, click LAN setting. See if Proxy Server is unchecked or not
- If it is checked then unchecked it immediately
Method 2 : Reset TCP/IP On Your Windows PC
- Go to start menu and choose Command Prompt
- Copy the following commands, paste it and press Enter after them
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Type Exit then press Enter to close the Command Prompt
- To make changes, restart Windows.
Method 3 : Reset Your Internet Settings
- Press Windows + R key at once,
- Now enter inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter
- Internet Options window will open,
- Go to the Advanced tab, click Reset button and
- Wait until the process get completed.
So, it doesn’t matter if you are getting ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error on Chrome or any other web browser, if you carefully use the above given troubleshooting steps, you will definitely get rid of the problem.
Related Post : Guide To Fix Silhost.exe-system Warning : Unknown Hard Error