If you are wanting to follow a complete guidance to block INCANTO ransomware on your system then follow the below given post instructions carefully.
INCANTO ransomware : Newly research information on it
INCANTO ransomware is a newly found system threat which is regarded as a ransomware. It is a vicious malware that endangers your files by lock themselves and demand a certain amount of ransom from the infected victims to regain the access to their files. It gets into your system by severe distribution of infection to the users systems by various infection ways of stealth. After successful entry on your system it attack on your files using RSA 1024 encryption algorithm to lock them and then after demand a ransom by showing a ransom note called !!!GetBackData!!!.txt which holds a message from the attackers. They state that you have to pay the ransom if you want to get back access to your files otherwise deleted forever. The hackers also gives two of the email addresses which are "[email protected] and [email protected]" to contact with the hackers. This all happened as it scanned all of your files such as images, doc files, videos, spreadsheets and others similar then follow the encryption and append ".INCANTO" to the encrypted files.
INCANTO ransomware : Technical information on it
$100 in Bitcoins
Spam emails attachments, corrupt or bad scripts, Malvertising etc.
What should you do to remove INCANTO ransomware from system?
As you may not confirmed how this ransom malware get introduced into your PC and If you got infected with the ransom virus and thinking about to pay the ransom then immediately leave this idea and just follow the below given steps to remove INCANTO ransomware and also regain your files by run kept backup of your files on external devices or follow the data recovery steps which is also explained at the end of the post.
Steps To Remove INCANTO ransomware From PC
Procedure 1: Reboot Your PC In Safe Mode
How To Start Computer In Safe Mode with Networking (Win XP/Vista/7)
- Please restart your system. Just before the Windows start, continuously press F8 on your keyboard. Now, you will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selection options. Please use the keyboard’s arrow up or down to navigate between selections and then hit Enter to proceed.
Method To Start Win 8 In Safe Mode With Networking
- Restart your PC and as soon as it begins to start, kindly please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing the Advance Boot Options, Win 8 will display the Recovery Mode. So, continue with the given instructions until you reach the Safe Mode function.
- Tap on ‘See advanced repair options’.
- Then after, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Advanced options.
- On the next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, click on the Restart button. Now, Windows 8 will restart and boot into the Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
Procedure 2: ShadowExplorer can be really helpful in restoring your file encrypted by INCANTO ransomware
When INCANTO ransomware attacks it generally tries to Remove all shadows copies which is stored in your computer. But there are chances that INCANTO ransomware is not able to Remove the shadow copies everytime. So you need to restore the original files using shadow copies.
Follow these simple steps to restore original files through shadowexplorer
- Download shadowexplorer link from http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html.
- Install it on your system.
- Now you need to open shadowexplorer and select c: drive on left panel.
- Now choose at least one month ago date from date field.
- Now you need to go to the folder which have encrypted filed.
- Now right click the encrypted files.
- You need to export the original files and choose a destination to store them.
Procedure 3: System restore can be another method to restore your encrypted files
- Open start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System tools >> System Restore.
- Click next to go to restore window.
- See what restore points are available for you , choose a restore point at least 20 to 30 days back.
- Once selecting click next.
- Choose disk c: (it must be selected by default).
- Now click next and system restore will start working and will be able to finish in few minutes.
Procedure 4: Another method for recovering your decrypted files are by using file recovery software
If above methods are not successful you can go for file recovery software. It can be helpful in recovering your encrypted files as INCANTO ransomware first makes a copy of original files and then encrypt it. After encryption it Removes the original files. So there is high probability that these file recovery software can help you in recovering your original files. You can find links to some best file recovery software below.
- Recuva : you can download from http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
- Testdisk: you can download from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
- Undelete 360: you can get it from http://www.undelete360.com/
- Pandora Recovery: you can download from http://www.pandorarecovery.com/
- Minitool partition recovery: you can get it from http://www.minitool.ca/