What is PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp?
PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp is a kind of potentially unwanted program which is promoted as a system optimization tool and presented as a reliable application by the cyber criminals that claims to improve the system's performance and its speed. According to the creators of this application, it is capable of speeding, upgrading, cleaning the computer and prevent it from unexpected crashes and force the installed web browsers to start working faster. Unluckily, the system users who have already been misguided into downloading this adware program onto their machines have revealed that PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp is not only a useless software but even a virus or scareware. However, it should be noted that the application cannot be attributed as a nasty virus at the time or writing this security article.
Besides, you should never try to pay for the license version of this software, because the application won't help you to enhance the system performance and increase its speed. Additionally, after close investigation on this suspicious program, the security investigation team of RMG has found out that PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp does not work as good as it claims. In case, if you install the trial version of this software, it starts running automatically whenever you startup your device and scans your machine whether you need it or not. PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp may also perform various unpleasant actions behind your back. For example, it may connect to the Internet and then update itself, as well as to download and install other adware infections onto your system.
System Related Issues Caused by PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp
At the moment of writing this article, this adware is responsible for installing other questionable programs like MyPC and PC Optimizer Pro software belongs to the category of bogus system security app. All these annoying activities may end up with the decrease of system's performance, in contrast to what PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp promises. Moreover, this threat may end up with the number of misleading alerts and messages, which state that your machine is full of outdated programs and malicious registry entries. In case, if you fall for such dubious notifications, then you may download some other deceptive apps onto your device and you may lose your valuable money as well. Having this fact mind, you should avoid downloading such and similar programs. If it has already infected your PC silently, then you should take immediate actions to delete PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp from your computer and restore your prior settings.
Process To Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp Assistance For From Your OS
Step 1 : How To Reboot Your OS In Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows 8 & Win 8.1
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel >> OS and Security >> Administrative Tools >> OS Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap OK. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Click Troubleshoot icon, select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
- Tap Restart. After the reboot process, click on Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
For Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Restart your OS. To be sure don’t miss the time because you need to press F8 as soon as the OS starts booting.
- Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking option.
Step 2 : Check All Hidden Files & Folders Related To PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp
- For this you need to know how to reveal hidden files and folders
Step 3 : How To Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp From Control Panel
- Hold together Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl command and hit OK.
- You are now in Control Panel. Look for PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp related suspicious programs and Remove them immediately.
Step 4 : Remove All PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp Related Startup Items
- Type msconfig command in search field and click OK button. Now, a window will pop-up.
- Select Startup >> Uncheck all entries that have Unknown as Manufacturer or look for suspicious PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp related items.
Step 5 : How To Clean Suspicious IPs Linked With PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp
- Hold Start Key and R, paste notepad %windir%/OS32/Drivers/etc/hosts command and tap OK.
- A new file will open. So, if you are hacked, there will be a number of unknown IPs connected to you at the bottom.
- You can see it on the image provided below.
Step 6 : Remove Rogue DNS Added By PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp
- Open start menu and search for the Network Connections (On Win 10 you just write it after clicking on the Windows button), then hit enter.
- Right-click on Network Adapter that you are using >> Properties >> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), and tap on Properties.
- Now, the DNS line should be set to the Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, then set it by yourself.
- Click on the Advanced >> DNS tab. Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp and everything from here (if there is something), then hit OK.
Step 7 : Method To Eradicate PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp From Web Browsers
Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp From Browser Shortcuts
- Right tap on browser shortcut, select Properties.
- Then after, Properties >> Shortcut. In the Target, eradicate PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp and everything after .exe.
NOTE : Here, we are showing steps for Google Chrome, but you can do this for IE and Firefox or Edge.
Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp Related Add-ons From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, and tap on Manage Add-ons.
- Find PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp >> Disable. Go to >> Internet Options >> alter the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked), then Apply.
Kill Malicious Extension Added By PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap on Add-ons >> Extensions.
- Find PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp and click on Remove ASAP.
Step 8 : Guideline To Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously.
- Now, go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which ones are dangerous or related to PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp.
- Right click on each of the malicious processes separately and then select Open File Location.
- End process after you open the folder, then Remove the directories you were sent to.
Step 9 : Clean PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Press CTRL and F together and type PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp. Right tap and Remove any entries you find with similar threat name. If the malware related registry entries do not show, then go manually to these directories and Remove them.
The above manual steps require computing skills which is not possible for newbies. Alternatively one can use some free tool to scan and detect PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp on the OS.
Use AdwCleaner (Free Tool) To Scan And Detect PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp
- It is advised to make use of AdwCleaner to scan all files and entries of Windows OS for detection of PUP.Optional.SpeedItUp.
- For complete details on how to install and run AdwCleaner Tool, click here.