Microsoft Warning Alert : Yet Another Tech Support Scam
If you notice Microsoft Warning Alert popping up on your system screen, then do not be mislead by its name, because it has absolutely no relation with Microsoft or their any related flagship security products. In fact, the cyber crooks have been generating threats which takes the advantage of real Microsoft security messages to carry out online scams. Although, if you are not able to access your system due to the presence of such deceptive error messages, then it is clear that your machine has become infected with a kind of adware threat associated with tech support scam virus.
In the displayed Microsoft Warning Alert notification, infected computer users are urged to call on the provided number “0-800-046-5729” due to the appearance of 'Error #0x80072ee7' which claims to appear after you visit malicious porn websites, or any riskware/spyware gets detected. It may convince you to call on the number to eliminate malware with the help of certified technicians. However, to get the assistance from so-called 'technicians' may ask a large amount of money, which might be a hundred or even several hundred of dollars. Most importantly, all the detected issues are fake and you just need to remove Microsoft Warning Alert from your PC as early as possible.
How To Protect Yourself From Microsoft Warning Alert?
Furthermore, these alerts serves as an inspirational material for conducting a well-known online tech support scam. Once it gets inside your PC, it locks you in a website and terrifies you about the presence of riskware or spyware on your machine. In addition to that, it assigns a virus code i.e. 'Error #0x80072ee7' for each infected machine. Besides, Microsoft Warning Alert states that it is a legitimate alert from Microsoft, but in fact, it should grant more credibility to tech support scam. It is important for you to understand that the official warnings from Microsoft doesn't include a phone number or any email address. Even if the Microsoft warns you about the presence of real virus or any fraudulent elements, then it doesn’t identify them and only the anti-virus programs can define a threat. Hence, Microsoft Warning Alert should be removed immediately from your PC.
Process To Remove Microsoft Warning Alert Possible Steps For From Your Operating System
Process 1 : Reboot Your Operating System In Safe Mode With Networking
For (Win 7/XP/Vista)
- Restart your Operating System. To be sure don’t miss the time because you need to press F8 as soon as
- Operating System starts booting. Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking option.
For Windows 8 & Win 8.1
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel >> Operating System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> Operating System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap OK. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Click Troubleshoot icon, select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
- Tap Restart. After the reboot process, click on Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
Process 2 : Check All Hidden Files & Folders Related To Microsoft Warning Alert
- For this you need to know how to reveal hidden files and folders.
Process 3 : How To Remove Microsoft Warning Alert From Control Panel
- Hold together Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl command and hit OK.
- You are now in Control Panel. Look for Microsoft Warning Alert related suspicious programs and Remove them immediately.
Process 4 : Remove All Microsoft Warning Alert Related Startup Items
- Type msconfig command in search field and click OK button.
- Now, a window will pop-up. Select Startup >> Uncheck all entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or look for suspicious Microsoft Warning Alert related items.
Process 5 : How To Clean Suspicious IPs Linked With Microsoft Warning Alert
- Hold Start Key and R, paste “notepad %windir%/Operating System32/Drivers/etc/hosts” command and tap OK.
- A new file will open. So, if you are hacked, there will be a number of unknown IPs connected to you at the bottom.
- You can see it on the image provided below.
Process 6 : Remove Rogue DNS Added By Microsoft Warning Alert
- Open start menu and search for the Network Connections (On Win 10 you just write it after clicking on the Windows button), then hit enter.
- Right-click on Network Adapter that you are using >> Properties >> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), and tap on Properties.
- Now, the DNS line should be set to the Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, then set it by yourself.
- Click on the Advanced >> DNS tab. Remove Microsoft Warning Alert and everything from here (if there is something), then hit OK.
Process 7 : Method To Eradicate Microsoft Warning Alert From Web Browsers
Remove Microsoft Warning Alert From Browser Shortcuts
- Right tap on browser shortcut, select Properties.
- Then after, Properties >> Shortcut. In the Target, eradicate Microsoft Warning Alert and everything after .exe.
NOTE : Here, we are showing steps for Google Chrome, but you can do this for IE and Firefox or Edge.
Remove Microsoft Warning Alert Related Add-ons From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, and tap on Manage Add-ons.
- Find Microsoft Warning Alert >> Disable. Go to >> Internet Options >> alter the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked), then Apply.
Kill Malicious Extension Added By Microsoft Warning Alert In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap on Add-ons >> Extensions.
- Find Microsoft Warning Alert and click on Remove ASAP.
Process 8 : Guideline To Remove Microsoft Warning Alert From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously.
- Now, go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which ones are dangerous or related to Microsoft Warning Alert. Right click on each of the malicious processes separately and then select Open File Location.
- End process after you open the folder, then Remove the directories you were sent to.
Process 9 : Clean Microsoft Warning Alert Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Press CTRL and F together and type Microsoft Warning Alert.
- Right tap and Remove any entries you find with similar threat name.
- If the malware related registry entries do not show, then go manually to these directories and Remove them.
Process 10 : How To Protect Browser From Microsoft Warning Alert Invasion (Mozilla, Edge)
How To Activate Block Reported Attack Sites & Web Forgeries Settings In Firefox
Mozilla Firefox contains built-in Phishing & Malware Protection feature to help keep you safe online. This feature will warn you when you visit an attacked website or a page containing malicious content and rogue programs like Microsoft Warning Alert. It also warns you when you download files that are detected as a spam or dangerous. Check out these steps which helps you to keep safe while browsing the web.
- Open Firefox and click on the Open Menu >> select Options from the top menu list.
- Now, select the Security option and put a check mark on the items shown on the image provided below.
Use ‘SmartScreen Filter’ Option In Microsoft Edge Browser
The SmartScreen Filter feature debuted in Edge browser which adds an additional security layer to your browser that allows the detection of malicious Microsoft Warning Alert threat and any phishing websites. It can also warn you when you are about to download corrupted software and applications. To enable SmartScreen Filter option, please follow the instructions given below.
- Open MS Edge and click on More Actions button which is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings option and go to Advanced Settings section >> click on View Advanced Settings.
- Then after, turn On the option Help protect me from malicious websites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter.
Make Use AdwCleaner (Free Tool) To Scan And Remove Microsoft Warning Alert
- It is advised to make use of AdwCleaner to scan all files and entries of Windows Operating System for detection of Microsoft Warning Alert.
- For complete details on how to install and run AdwCleaner Tool, click here.