A Brief report on Dozen Search “Virus”
Dozen Search “Virus” is a type of dubious search engine. It has a ability to change settings of the most used web browser IE, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox without your permission. As this virus infection enters on your system , it changes your default set homepage and search engine of the browser. Which may put your system security in peril. Owing to these reasons Dozen Search “Virus” is known as browser hijacker, which enlarging the family of hijackers. You should remove this deceitful virus from your system immediately. After infection of Dozen Search your system faces many problems. The very common problem caused by this virus is change in your browsers default homepage and search engine. This virus starts to work just as the hijackers do. Once It intrude on your system they do not ask any permission to grant changes on your system that might create dangerous problems for you. One more things you should know that if you want to install a new program on your system this Dozen Search “Virus” avoids you to do this.
Intrusive ways of Dozen Search
Dozen Search “Virus” takes not any confirmation from the user to enter on computer. It enters on your system and you have not any clue about it. Some intrusive ways are given below :
- If you visits any malicious websites because it is an easy way for Dozen Search virus to enter on your system.
- If you updating your system from fake update alerts or unidentified websites.
- Dozen Search virus enters on your system with freeware bundles because it provides an easiest entry point for it.
- By opening of spam email attachments which send by unknown.
Consequences of infection with Dozen Search
- System speed and the browsers speed will be reduced very badly.
- You may lose your important data and your passwords.
- You can see lot of ads, pop-ups that are signed by Dozen Search “Virus” on your homepage.
- It helps to the other malware program to enter on the victim’s system.
- Every time you open your browser to search anything this virus redirects your search results to the other malicious websites that may poses more infection on your system.
- The greatest hazard related to Dozen Search “Virus” has ability to access your private data as it records your browsing habit and after that it send the gathered data to the third party that could use it for harmful purposes.
Tips to prevent from Dozen Search “Virus”
- Always install or download from their developers websites or from authentic sites.
- Do not install any additional software which comes along with the source program, it may be infection.
- You should avoid to click on the pop-ups and ads.
- Do not open any spam email attachments.
Is it possible to Delete Dozen Search “Virus” ?
As you read above that Dozen Search “Virus” is a havoc infection. You should delete Dozen Search virus from your system using manual removal or automatic removal methods. Manual removal process is not for every one , you should have a good knowledge about system then you can easily perform it. If you have completed the manual removal then you should have to run a full scan of your PC to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files. You can do this by installing a reputable anti-malware tool which will delete it permanently.
We will guide you to remove Dozen Search completely from your system but before we proceed the first step is to reboot your system in safe mode. If you know how to do it, you can do it and go to step 2. For those who don’t know the safe mode booting process, here is the steps to do it.
For Windows 98, XP, Millenium and 7:
Restart your system and when the first screen appears start pressing F8 key repeatedly. You will be able to see Advance boot option screen, now choose “safe mode with networking”
For windows 8, 8.1 and 10
System Configuration Tool (msconfig.exe) is one of the easiest method to boot in safe mode for windows 8/8.1
press ctrl + r and type msconfig.exe
on the window opened, go to the boot tab and click the box which says “safe boot” and press ok. Once pressed it will ask to restart and get you in safe mode.
Now we will guide you to remove Dozen Search from the browsers.
How to remove Dozen Search from Mozilla Firefox
Open firefox and click 3 horizontal lines are right hand corner as shown in picture
Drop down menu will appear hit Add-ons >> Extensions
Look out for Dozen Search or any unknown or suspicious extensions and remove them.
How to remove Dozen Search from Chrome
Open chrome and click 3 horizontal lines are right top corner shown in picture
A drop down will appear, click settings >> Extensions
Here look for Dozen Search or malware and unrecognized icons and click trash.
How to remove Dozen Search from IE
Open IE and click tools on right hand corner and then manage add-ons as shown in picture.
click on toolbars and extensions >> select Dozen Search or unwanted or malicious add-on and click disable as shown in picture.
Now you need to right click on the browser shortcut on your desktop and then click properties. Now you should remove everything after “.exe” in Target box
Now you need to open control panel. For this you need to run “appwiz.cpl” in run window.
Press Win key and R together, a window will appear. Now write “appwiz.cpl” to open control panel.
Now look out for add remove program in control panel. Open it and remove Dozen Search or any suspicious programs installed.
Now you need to open task manager by right click on task-bar and selecting start task manager as shown in picture
Now look at the various processes running and identify them , if they look suspicious then you need to end them. You can search for various processes running on google search and take your decision about suspicious processes.
Now you need to remove startup entries which are suspicious or not needed.
Click win key and R key together, a window will open write “msconfig” and hit enter
Now you need to go to the startup tab and browse through list of programs and uncheck suspicious programs from the list
By following whole process you must be able to remove Dozen Search. And if still you are not able to remove it, just write to us we will make sure that your system is clean.