Is your Google Chrome New Tab background look bland? Want to change the background image of new tab? Searching for an easy and effective instruction. If so, you have reached at the right place. This guide includes step by step solution to change Google Chrome New Tab background. If you want to do this, then go through this guide and follow the instruction carefully in exact order.
Know How Does Google Chrome New Tab Page Look
Google Chrome’s new tab page includes a search bar of Google at the middle of page. At the just below of search bar, there is also an option to add favorite URLs as the shortcut to new tab webpage so that system user can easily open their favorite or preferable sites easily and quickly. In the older version of Google Chrome, users must have to use a third-party extension to change Google Chrome New Tab background but now there is no any need of other extension to set the custom picture as Google Chrome New Tab background. Now, Google Chrome browser lets system user to choose either one of curated pictures by the legitimate Google or set their own preferable picture as the new tab background picture.
Step By Step Instruction To Change Google Chrome New Tab Background
Solution 1 : Change Google Chrome New Tab Background Using In-Built Way Of Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- In the address bar, type chrome://flags/ and hit on Enter key.
- Now, scroll down to list and locate Enable option using Google local NTP option.
- After that search through list again and find out Google Chrome New Tab background selection.
- Once you enabled both setting, you will see the blue prompt at bottom of System screen which ask you to restart your Google Chrome.
- Once your browser gets relaunched, open new tab and click on the gear icon.
- At this point, you have two option either to click on Chrome background and select a photo from Google’s stock image or click on the Upload photo.
- Choose your preferable option to change Google Chrome New Tab background.
Solution 2 : Change Google Chrome New Tab Background Using Chrome Extension
- At first you have to add an extension on your Google Chrome browser named Custom New Tab Background.
- Confirm the installation of such an extension by pressing on Add button.
- Once extension gets installed successfully, open a new tab.
- In new tab, click on the small icon which is located in top right corner.
- Now, a window will be open on your screen in which you can browse System files and choose custom background.
- Once you completely set your custom image, it will appear on Google Chrome New Tab background.