RunDll error is a nasty issue which generally interrupt the system startup via prompting an annoying error message. This error occurs at the time when a system file namely Rundll32.exe gets inaccessible by the operating system. Here in the set forth posted article efficient instructions has been discussed on how to fix RunDll error on Windows 7,8,10.
RunDll (aka RunDll.exe) is basically an unfeigned file of Windows, which do executes the .dll modules that can be associated with the malware programs or can be statute. This file is stored within Windows directory at \Windows\System32.
Various errors associated with Rundll32.exe file
- “Rundll32.exe is missing.”
- “Rundll32.exe error.”
- “Rundll32.exe not found.”
- “Failed to register rundll32.exe”
- “Rundll32.exe failed to load.”
- “Runtime Error: rundll32.exe”
- “Error loading rundll32.exe”
The afore-listed errors makes it highly hectic for the users to make usage of their Windows PC and thus doubtlessly deserves immediate action regarding their fixation. However, before that, experts have referred it more important for the users to know the causes liable behind the occurrence of such RunDll errors.
Causes Reasonable Behind Generation of RunDll Error
RunDll errors usually occurs when the .dll file was installed to launch at the system startup in the registry of Windows, but the files itself is absent. The OS tries to execute the file but just cannot find it. In such case, assumptions are high that file probably gets deleted via the antimalware program, but the registry key connected to it still can get found and so the OS is attempting it’s level best to execute it at the start.
How to fix RunDll error in windows 7, 8, 10
Method 1: Often RunDll error appears with the set forth message
Module CT3298573 cannot be found
- Initially open the Task Manager
- Navigate to the Startuptab and find anything associated with dll and then right click to Disable it.
- Following this, open registry editor, type regedit in the search box and press ‘Enter’ for opening ‘Registry Editor as administrator’.
- Next navigate to the set forth mentioned keys with the help of right pane of registry editor.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- ‘Delete’ any key or value apparent to be dll associated
- Lastly close Registry Editor Windows and then Reboot your Windows PC.
Additional Reading :
Method 2 : Utilize Command Prompt
- Firstly reboot your computer system in Safe Mode
- Now in a case of having Windows defender, scan the system drives via defender.
- After ensuring that the drives are free of malware, reboot the system in ‘Normal Mode’.
- Further, recover the corrupted or damaged rundll32.exe.
- Regarding this, open up Command Prompt with administrative privileges
- Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter key.
- This command will automatically replace the compromised file with a new one.
- Upon the completion of the procedure, reboot the computer system to take the effect.
Hopefully, the afore-listed steps will surely help you out on how to fix RunDll error in windows 7, 8, 10.