Introduction of .3nCRY extension Ransomware
.3nCRY extension Ransomware is another variant of "CRY Ransomware" which is detected as a file encrypting infection that completely locks down the stored file and block innocent user's to access them. By introducing the ransom note, it urges System user to pay ransom fee. If you are also one of it's victim and want to decrypt file without paying a single penny then carry out the provided instruction in an exact order.
Detailed Information & Working Mechanism of .3nCRY extension Ransomware
.3nCRY extension Ransomware is a very powerful file locking System threat which is counted as another member of ransomware family. Security analysts found that it is very closely related to the "CRY ransomware" that infection numerous Windows PC globally. Alike other variant of ransomware, it uses strong file encryption algorithm to lock almost all personal and crucial files that stored on PC whether it be documents, databases, images, PDFs, video or audio files, spreadsheets, PPT and much more. The infected objects of this ransomware can be easily identified because it renames the original file name with weird symbol or character. It makes all targeted files inaccessible or unreadable. Once performing the file encryption procedure completely, it deployed a ransom note on desktop screen which informs victim about encryption and urges them to pay ransom money.
Method To Deal With .3nCRY extension Ransomware
Ransom note is just only a tricky thing used by cyber hacker to scare victim and extort money from them. There is no any assurances or guarantees provided by it's developer that you will get the unique file decryption key even paying of the huge amount of ransom money. If you pay ransom fee or make deal with hacker, you have to suffer with the financial loss along with the data loss. However, ignoring of ransom note is a good decision to avoid financial loss. Data loss can be recover using the backup copy. To keep PC and data safe for the future, you should follow the provided below removal instructions and delete .3nCRY extension Ransomware from your infected machine immediately.
Common Sources of .3nCRY extension Ransomware Infiltration
- Online game
- Torrent hacker
- Freeware or shareware packages
- Exploit kits
- Infected devices, P2P file sharing network, gambling sites and much more.
Steps To Uninstall .3nCRY extension Ransomware From Windows System
Procedure 1: Reboot Your Windows System In Safe Mode
How To Start Computer In Safe Mode with Networking (Win XP/Vista/7)
- Please restart your system. Just before the Windows start, continuously press F8 on your keyboard. Now, you will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selection options. Please use the keyboard’s arrow up or down to navigate between selections and then hit Enter to proceed.
Method To Start Win 8 In Safe Mode With Networking
- Restart your Windows System and as soon as it begins to start, kindly please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing the Advance Boot Options, Win 8 will display the Recovery Mode. So, continue with the given instructions until you reach the Safe Mode function.
- Tap on ‘See advanced repair options’.
- Then after, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Advanced options.
- On the next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, click on the Restart button. Now, Windows 8 will restart and boot into the Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
Procedure 2: ShadowExplorer can be really helpful in restoring your file encrypted by .3nCRY extension Ransomware
When .3nCRY extension Ransomware attacks it generally tries to Uninstall all shadows copies which is stored in your computer. But there are chances that .3nCRY extension Ransomware is not able to Uninstall the shadow copies everytime. So you need to restore the original files using shadow copies.
Follow these simple steps to restore original files through shadowexplorer
- Download shadowexplorer link from http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html.
- Install it on your system.
- Now you need to open shadowexplorer and select c: drive on left panel.
- Now choose at least one month ago date from date field.
- Now you need to go to the folder which have encrypted filed.
- Now right click the encrypted files.
- You need to export the original files and choose a destination to store them.
Procedure 3: System restore can be another method to restore your encrypted files
- Open start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System tools >> System Restore.
- Click next to go to restore window.
- See what restore points are available for you , choose a restore point at least 20 to 30 days back.
- Once selecting click next.
- Choose disk c: (it must be selected by default).
- Now click next and system restore will start working and will be able to finish in few minutes.
Procedure 4: Another method for recovering your decrypted files are by using file recovery software
If above methods are not successful you can go for file recovery software. It can be helpful in recovering your encrypted files as .3nCRY extension Ransomware first makes a copy of original files and then encrypt it. After encryption it Uninstalls the original files. So there is high probability that these file recovery software can help you in recovering your original files. You can find links to some best file recovery software below.
- Recuva : you can download from http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
- Testdisk: you can download from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
- Undelete 360: you can get it from http://www.undelete360.com/
- Pandora Recovery: you can download from http://www.pandorarecovery.com/
- Minitool partition recovery: you can get it from http://www.minitool.ca/