Technical Description on Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet
|Discovered on||23rd August 2014|
|Updated on||12th April 2017|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
Detailed Information on Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet
Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet is a noxious Trojan virus which is designed by the criminal hackers in order to use the affected system for click-fraud and modify the default settings of the web browser installed onto the compromised PC. Once successfully infiltrates the targeted machine, it starts plenty of invisible process into the web browser and contacts a Command and Control server which responds with a complete list of URLs and force the victims to visit these domains. Then after, the malware sends the clicks to the listed websites in order to generate advertising revenue and help its developers to get benefited by using such deceptive methods. Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet threat comes hidden in rogue programs that can be downloaded from the Internet for free.
Once the computer users installed those rogue applications with or without their knowledge, the Trojan will immediately gets inside the system and try to gain root access which is an administrative level access to your PC without letting you know. Although, it is quite hard to detect the presence of malware onto your machine, because Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet hide deeply inside the system by integrating into the Windows operating system. Then after, it executes each time whenever you try to reboot your machine and attempts to download other harmful files in order to affect your PC seriously. Upon successful execution, the threat deletes the source application and making the detection of this virus very difficult. In this kind of situation, you should use a credible anti-malware tool that will help you to eliminate the threat permanently from your system and prevent the infiltration of any computer viruses.
Methods Used To Distribute Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet
- Bogus updates presented for installed applications.
- Phishing domains designed especially to spread Trojans.
- Peer-to-peer file sharing websites and spam email attachments.
- Free downloadable gaming softwares and malicious video players.
- Legit sites compromised by hackers to distribute Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet.
- Social media links pointing web surfers to infected web portals.
Other Variants of Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet Virus
Manual Instructions to Delete Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet From PC (Working Guide)
Method : 1 How to Use Safe Mode with Networking to Remove Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet
For Windows XP | Vista | 7
- Keep on tapping F8 until Advanced Boot Options Window appears
- Now select Safe Mode with Networking option from the list
For Windows 8/ 10
- Press Power button at the bottom of Windows Login screen. Press and Hold Shift button on the keyboard and tap restart
- Tap Troubleshoot Under Advanced Option in Startup settings and press on Restart
- Now select Enable Safe Mode with Networking in Start up settings
Step: 2 How to Reveal Hidden Files and Folders. (This page will guide users on how to reveal hidden files in Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10. Users are instructed not to skip this step in any case as various files and folders created by Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet might be hidden and need to be cleaned before proceeding further.)
Step 3: Hold Start Key + R and copy + paste appwiz.cpl –> OK.
This will open Control Panel. Now look for all Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet related suspicious entries and Uninstall it at once.
Now Type msconfig in the search box and press enter
Uncheck suspicious and Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet related entries.
Step: 4 Press Start Key and R – copy + paste the following command and click on OK:
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Now, a new file will open. If your system has been hacked by Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet, there will be a bunch of unknown IPs connected to the machine at the bottom. Look at the image below:
- If there are lots of suspicious IPs below “Localhost”, then eliminate it without any delay.
Step 5: Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which one is a Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet process.
- Right click on each of the Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet processes separately and select the Open File Location. End process after you open the folder. Then after, remove the directories you were sent to.
Step 6: Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Once inside, press the CTRL and F together and type the Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet. Right click and remove any entries that you find with a similar name. If they do not show in this way, then go manually to these directories and uninstall them:
Step 7: How to Scan Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet Using Free Tool
Still if Trojan:Win32/Fleercivet exists on your system, then you need to Free scan your PC with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software. This page has clear installation instructions and how to use it.