Everything You Should Know About Prime Updater
Prime Updater is categorized as a potentially unwanted program which is developed to provide supposedly necessary updates for your installed programs. Based on the research report, this adware threat can sneak the targeted machine with the help of other freeware applications. However, the longer this undesired tool stays on your system, the chances were high that it might install other unfamiliar softwares onto your PC without asking for your permission. You can notice the icon of this toolbar on right bottom corner of the screen after you launch your Internet browser. In addition to that, you may find various processes running onto your Windows Task Manager with the name of prime_updater.exe, due to the presence of Prime Updater onto your computer.
Besides, it can display available software updates for the programs like Adobe Flash Player, Google Chrome, Mozilla FF, Skype and other popular apps that have already installed on your system. However, all the update alerts displays on your system screen due to Prime Updater app are considered fake and it is quite easy to check whether the application is playing with your online security. Right after its successful installation, it will display 'new' updates for the program like Flash Player. Most importantly, it is just a trick used by its developers in order to trick inexperienced PC users to install few suspicious or questionable components onto their machine that mess up the device completely.
How Does Prime Updater Adware Spread?
Usually, such type of potentially undesired applications distributes in software bundles. As a result, it might invade your system's security silently without asking for your direct permission. Once installed, this program runs its process into the Task Manager and then starts displaying fake alerts or pop-ups related to software update. As our security experts have already mentioned in the above para, Prime Updater is capable of installing other adware applications or even rogue programs in the form of software update. Therefore, to avoid installing any kind of unfamiliar application onto your PC, you have to delete this threat completely from your system.
Quick Steps To Uninstall Prime Updater from infected PC
- Step 1 : Restart your PC in Safe Mode To Uninstall Prime Updater
- Step 2 : Quick Steps To Uninstall Prime Updater From Windows Task Manager
- Step 3 : Prime Updater Uninstallation From Control Panel
- Step 4 : Uninstall Prime Updater related startup entries
A. Quick Steps To Start Win 8 / Win 10 in Safe Mode with Networking To Uninstall Prime Updater
- Please restart the PC and press Shift + F8 keys.
- The latest version of Windows machine will display Recovery Mode, instead of seeing Advance Boot Options. However, continue with the steps given below until you reach the “Safe Mode” function.
- Now, tap on “See advanced repair options“.
- Then after, click on “Troubleshoot” and select “Advanced options“.
- On next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, tap on “Restart” button. Win 8 / 10 PC will now restart and boot into the “Advanced Boot Option” where you can run the PC in Safe Mode with Networking.
B. Quick Steps To Start Windows XP / Vista / 7 in Safe Mode with Networking To Uninstall Prime Updater
- Please restart your PC and just before the Windows start, press F8 key on your keyboard continuously. Now, you’ll be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
From the options, select “Safe Mode with Networking“. Although, please use the keyboard’s arrow up/down in order to navigate between selections and hit Enter to proceed.
You need to open task manager by right click on taskbar and selecting start task manager as shown in picture
- Now look at the various processes running and identify them Prime Updater process , if they look suspicious then you need to end them.
- You can search for various processes running on google and take your decision about suspicious processes.
Now you need to open control panel. For this you need to run “appwiz.cpl” in run window.
Press Win key and R together, a window will appear. Now write “appwiz.cpl” to open control panel.
- Now look out for add / Uninstall program in control panel. Open it and Uninstall Prime Updater or any suspicious programs installed.
Now you need to Uninstall startup entries which are suspicious or not needed.
Click win key and R key together, a window will open write “msconfig” and hit enter
- Now you need to go to the startup tab and browse through list of programs and uncheck suspicious programs from the list
Note : You must be able to Uninstall Prime Updater by following these steps.. And if still you are not able to Uninstall it, just write to us we will make sure that your system is clean.