An Overview About Trojan.Stabuniq
Malware researchers have spotted Trojan.Stabuniq as malicious Trojan for users’ PC. This Trojan is equipped with the efficacy of victimizing both kind OS that is Windows and Mac OS X. After getting inside PC it introduces the activation codes of vicious files inside PC. This software usually appears as verified software in front of users that’s why they mostly get entrapped. The observation made by researchers has unfolded that this program is the upshot of criminal minded people’s thought and they take advantage of it by simply frightening the innocent users. Further its owner can perform the activities according to their own wish inside infected PC. The worst thing is that it removes the important files, flashes the irrelevant data. Moreover it changes the system setting in the background and registry windows to be in active mode whenever the PC is switched on. Later it gathers information about Computer’s name, OS version, IP address and running processes. It has been notified that Trojan.Stabuniq shares the collected information to remote locations like bbcnews920.com, belsaw920.com which breaks the privacy of users associated with their personal data.
Know how Trojan.Stabuniq gets inside PC?
Trojan.Stabuniq gets inside PC on the basis of fake updates or installer. When users take step for such installation then this type of Trojan gets infiltrated. In addition to these spam email executable attachments when get clicked, making visits on unsecured websites and installing programs from freeware packages also plays an important role in turning users’ PC infected with Trojan.Stabuniq.
What the dangerous features of Trojan.Stabuniq ?
- Trojan.Stabuniq has been found to infect both the OS that is Windows and Mac OS X and inserts pernicious files after getting inside PC.
- In its next step it eliminates all users’ important files that are already saved and displays annoying data.
- Moreover it alters the Windows registries to keep itself in active mode whenever the PC is switched on.
- It also steals the information about Computer name, IP Address and shares it on remote locations.
What Malware researchers recommend?
Malware researchers say that Trojan.Stabuniq is a obnoxious Trojan which mostly makes intrusion because of users’ carelessness. It has been analyzed that users while surfing online don’t pay too much attention on what they are going to install or on what they are going to make click. It is well known that PC become more vulnerable when gets connected with Internet as Millions of malware keeps rotating through World wide network. Therefore Users should be cautious at the time web surfing and always they should keep checking the functionality of their installed anti malware application and if required that must install a good one to protect their PC from any unwanted penetration.
How To Delete Trojan.Stabuniq Manually From PC
Step 1: Reboot Your PC in Safe Mode
For Windows XP, Vista, 7
Restart your system. To be sure you do not miss the time when you need to press the F8 key as soon as the computer starts booting. Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking.
For Windows 8 and 8.1
Tap on the Start button, then Control Panel >> System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap on OK button. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Open Start menu.
- Click on the power button icon just in the right corner of he Start menu in order to show power options menu.
- Press and hold down SHIFT key on keyboard and tap on Restart option while still holding down SHIFT key.
- Then after, click on the Troubleshoot icon, then Advanced options >> Startup Settings. Tap on Restart.
- After the reboot, tap on the Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
Step 2: Hold Start Key + R and copy + paste appwiz.cpl –> OK.
This will open Control Panel. Now look for all Trojan.Stabuniq related suspicious entries and Uninstall it at once.
Now Type msconfig in the search box and press enter
Uncheck suspicious and Trojan.Stabuniq related entries.
Step: 3 Press Start Key and R – copy + paste the following command and click on OK:
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Now, a new file will open. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Stabuniq, there will be a bunch of unknown IPs connected to the machine at the bottom. Look at the image below:
- If there are lots of suspicious IPs below “Localhost”, then eliminate it without any delay.
Step 4: Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which one is a Trojan.Stabuniq process.
- Right click on each of the Trojan.Stabuniq processes separately and select the Open File Location. End process after you open the folder. Then after, remove the directories you were sent to.
Step 5: Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Once inside, press the CTRL and F together and type the Trojan.Stabuniq. Right click and remove any entries that you find with a similar name. If they do not show in this way, then go manually to these directories and uninstall them: