All You Need To Know About Ramnit Virus
Ramnit Virus is identified as a serious computer infection which combines the backdoor and self-replicating functionalities similar to Trojan horse and worm. It can allow the remote attackers to take complete control over an infected system. Then after, it may infect your machine with other type of malicious parasites which aims to steal your confidential data, such as banking account information in order to steal money from your bank account or use your PC for their own evil purposes. This malware is known to spread with the help of external storage and USB devices. Ramnit Virus can also distribute freely in peer-to-peer file sharing networks. If you think that your machine is contaminated with this dangerous Trojan virus, then you should use a reputable and trustworthy anti-malware scanner in order to eliminate the malware completely from your system.
Method To Identify the Ramnit Virus Infection
Undoubtedly, the malware does its best to remain undetected onto the affected systems. Nevertheless, if you pay close attention, then you may recognize some unusual behavior that will make you believe that your computer has been infected with Ramnit Virus. This malware is especially designed by the cyber offenders in order to attack the 32-bit Windows OS, rather than 64-bit Windows operating system. Being a noxious Trojan horse virus, it can create copies of itself and can be placed into some crucial areas of your machine. Although, these malicious copies remain hidden and it can be viewed when you set the preferences to set make the hidden files visible. It is specifically designed to target removable USB drives and shared folders.
What happens if Ramnit Virus invades your PC?
Most importantly, if you suspect that Ramnit Virus is infecting your computer, then you should check for the hidden files first. The threat has been known to make several changes into the Windows Registry entries and modify the firewall settings. With the help of this noxious malware, the criminal hackers can easily gain access to your machine and use it download few rogue softwares in order to damage the machine and steal your sensitive data or information. One of the most nasty effects of having this Trojan is that your PC may be used as a part of a botnet. It used to plant bots inside the compromised system and the infected computer can be used by the hackers for number of illicit activities. Therefore, Ramnit Virus should be removed from your machine as soon as possible.
How To Delete Ramnit Virus Manually From PC
Step 1: Reboot Your PC in Safe Mode
For Windows XP, Vista, 7
Restart your system. To be sure you do not miss the time when you need to press the F8 key as soon as the computer starts booting. Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking.
For Windows 8 and 8.1
Tap on the Start button, then Control Panel >> System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap on OK button. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Open Start menu.
- Click on the power button icon just in the right corner of he Start menu in order to show power options menu.
- Press and hold down SHIFT key on keyboard and tap on Restart option while still holding down SHIFT key.
- Then after, click on the Troubleshoot icon, then Advanced options >> Startup Settings. Tap on Restart.
- After the reboot, tap on the Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
Step 2: Hold Start Key + R and copy + paste appwiz.cpl –> OK.
This will open Control Panel. Now look for all Ramnit Virus related suspicious entries and Uninstall it at once.
Now Type msconfig in the search box and press enter
Uncheck suspicious and Ramnit Virus related entries.
Step: 3 Press Start Key and R – copy + paste the following command and click on OK:
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Now, a new file will open. If your system has been hacked by Ramnit Virus, there will be a bunch of unknown IPs connected to the machine at the bottom. Look at the image below:
- If there are lots of suspicious IPs below “Localhost”, then eliminate it without any delay.
Step 4: Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which one is a Ramnit Virus process.
- Right click on each of the Ramnit Virus processes separately and select the Open File Location. End process after you open the folder. Then after, remove the directories you were sent to.
Step 5: Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Once inside, press the CTRL and F together and type the Ramnit Virus. Right click and remove any entries that you find with a similar name. If they do not show in this way, then go manually to these directories and uninstall them: