Depth-Analysis on PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer
- Name: PC HomeRun Optimizer
- Type: Potentially Unwanted Application
- Publisher: PCHomeRun
- Version: 1.0
- Updated: November 27th, 2017 2:59:05 PM
- Alert Level: Low
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected Systems: Windows operating system
PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer is a potentially unwanted application which acts as a handy computer optimization tool, but the functionality of this software is much closer to an adware-type infection. To be more precise, the program mostly appears on the systems without receiving proper permission from the system users and continues the infection by carrying out several unauthorized activities. These annoying activities may include generating intrusive pop-up ads, running bogus PC scan alerts and attempting to trick the inexperienced users into thinking that their machine is out of order. The perpetual pop-up alerts and scan reports urge the computer user to obtain the pro or licensed version of PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer in order to fix the detected errors.
On top of it all, the application's influence may also extend to the infected system's Internet browser and the victim may start noticing unwanted and annoying ads as well as other random pop-ups showing up on their PC screen whenever they try to browse the web. As a product of a shady PUP or an adware application, these advertisements and its promoted content should not be trusted at any circumstances. Generally, to gather a more significant amount of advertising revenue, the developers of PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer may even collaborate with poor reputation third parties, as long as they promise to get a decent profit.
Why you should get rid of PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer?
Due to the suspicious functionality of this software, it becomes highly unpredictable and also gives a good reason to eliminate this adware from an infected machine. Luckily, this application is not considered as a malicious tool which obstruct its removal, but it might attempt to prevent the victimized computer users from accessing legitimate anti-virus portals and obtaining reputable system security programs. Nevertheless, you can still obtain or run a full PC scan with the help of a powerful and trustworthy anti-spyware shield by booting your machine in Safe Mode with Networking to delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer effectively from your infected computer.
Tips To Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer from infected Operating System
- Step 1 : Restart your Operating System in Safe Mode To Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer
- Step 2 : Tips To Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer From Windows Task Manager
- Step 3 : PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer Deletion From Control Panel
- Step 4 : Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer related startup entries
A. Tips To Start Win 8 / Win 10 in Safe Mode with Networking To Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer
- Please restart the Operating System and press Shift + F8 keys.
- The latest version of Windows machine will display Recovery Mode, instead of seeing Advance Boot Options. However, continue with the steps given below until you reach the “Safe Mode” function.
- Now, tap on “See advanced repair options“.
- Then after, click on “Troubleshoot” and select “Advanced options“.
- On next window, choose Windows Startup Settings.
- At last, tap on “Restart” button. Win 8 / 10 PC will now restart and boot into the “Advanced Boot Option” where you can run the Operating System in Safe Mode with Networking.
B. Tips To Start Windows XP / Vista / 7 in Safe Mode with Networking To Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer
- Please restart your Operating System and just before the Windows start, press F8 key on your keyboard continuously. Now, you’ll be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
From the options, select “Safe Mode with Networking“. Although, please use the keyboard’s arrow up/down in order to navigate between selections and hit Enter to proceed.
You need to open task manager by right click on taskbar and selecting start task manager as shown in picture
- Now look at the various processes running and identify them PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer process , if they look suspicious then you need to end them.
- You can search for various processes running on google and take your decision about suspicious processes.
Now you need to open control panel. For this you need to run “appwiz.cpl” in run window.
Press Win key and R together, a window will appear. Now write “appwiz.cpl” to open control panel.
- Now look out for add / Delete program in control panel. Open it and Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer or any suspicious programs installed.
Now you need to Delete startup entries which are suspicious or not needed.
Click win key and R key together, a window will open write “msconfig” and hit enter
- Now you need to go to the startup tab and browse through list of programs and uncheck suspicious programs from the list
Note : You must be able to Delete PUA.PCHomeRunOptimizer by following these steps.. And if still you are not able to Delete it, just write to us we will make sure that your system is clean.