All Facts That You Must Know About Magniber Ransomware
Recently, malware researchers have identified a new version of ransomware dubbed as Magniber Ransomware that targets Systems executing on Windows platform. It is a descendant of Cerber ransomware that mainly spread through the magnitude exploit kit that used in the attacks of Cerber. First of all the sample of Magniber Ransomware were discovered on the October 14th, 2017. However, it is not just only a new name for the old Cerber ransomware, the change in name is part of the several modification in Cerber platform. According the security analysts, this ransomware is presented to the third parties as a RaaS.
It is reported to make its first victims on the South-East Asia and Korean peninsula. However, the name of this ransomware is derived from the truth that first of all it was released using the magnitude exploit kit. It is designed to infect almost all types of files such as audios or videos, images, databases, eBooks, PDFs, text, spreadsheets, presentations, contact lists, spreadsheets and much more. It usually adds sequence of the seven random characters to file names of the locked objects. On successful file encryption procedure, you may found a text file named as 'READ_ME_FOR_DECRYPT.txt ' on the desktop screen that contain following message :
Reason, Why Should You Delete Magniber Ransomware
In case, your Windows PC get infected with Magniber Ransomware and make your files inaccessible then you must opt the provided removal instruction instantly to delete Magniber Ransomware from your compromised machine. Because it does not encrypt your files but can also endanger your privacy including your login details, System and network configuration details, debit or credit card details, password and much more. As long as resides in your PC, Magniber Ransomware will cause lots of serious damages, this is why deletion of Magniber Ransomware is required from the compromised windows machine immediately.
Potential Sources of the Magniber Ransomware Infiltration
- Magniber Ransomware can attack your Windows PC via spam campaigns.
- It often intrudes inside your PC via freeware or shareware packages.
- Visit of any hacked, porn or gambling site is another source of ransomware infiltration.
- Such a ransomware can also penetrates inside your PC when you use any infected peripheral device or drive.
- It can also attack your PC through pirated software, fake updater links, torrent attackers etc.
Follow Steps To Delete Magniber Ransomware From OS
Step 1: Know How to Reboot Windows OS in Safe Mode (This guide is meant for novice users).
Step 2: Magniber Ransomware removal Using System Restore Still, if you are facing problem in rebooting OS in Safe mode, opt for System Restore. Follow the steps given below. Press F8 continuously until you get Windows Advanced Options Menu on Computer Monitor. Now Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt Option and Tap enter.
- In the Command Prompt Windows, you need to type this command : cd restore and Select Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe as command and press on Enter.
- This will open a new window to Restore System Files and Settings. Click on Next to proceed.
- Kindly select the Restore Point from the date you want to restore back your system as it was earlier to Magniber Ransomware attack.
Step 3: Use ShadowExplorer to Restore Magniber Ransomware Encrypted Files.
Alternatively, you can also use ShadowExplorer to Restore Encrypted files due to Magniber Ransomware Attack.
When Magniber Ransomware attacks it generally tries to Delete all shadows copies which is stored in your computer. But there are chances that Magniber Ransomware is not able to Delete the shadow copies every-time. So you need to restore the original files using shadow copies.
Follow these simple steps to restore original files through shadowexplorer
- You need to download shadowexplorer link from http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html
- Install it on your system.
- Now you need to open shadowexplorer and select c: drive on left panel.
Step 4: Another method for recovering your decrypted files are by using file recovery software
If above methods are not successful you can go for file recovery software. It can be helpful in recovering your encrypted files as Magniber Ransomware first makes a copy of original files and then encrypt it. After encryption it Deletes the original files. So there is high probability that these file recovery software can help you in recovering your original files.