What kind of program is MyMapsWizard Toolbar?
MyMapsWizard Toolbar belongs to the family of potentially unwanted program which is supposed to enable the system users to access directions quickly. It also suggest computer users to access the directions quicker in future, you need to install this toolbar in order to view and print your map, get live traffic and driving directions. However, the system users are directly not informed about the fact that this program is connected with a search engine and can be installed on your machine only with the condition that users need to allow this search tool to set as a default search engine, homepage and a new tab page.
However, the users are not likely to read the terms included in the installation wizard of MyMapsWizard Toolbar, that's why so many computer users have already been forced to use its recommended domain instead of default search aggregator like Google, Bing or any other. Due to its misleading way of intrusion, it has been categorized as an adware or potentially undesired application. As soon as this adware modified the default settings of your web browser, the computer user may start receiving modified search results, sponsored advertisements withing every web portals accessed and similar content which may cause unwanted browser redirects to really questionable sites. Hence, for preventing unwanted redirects to affiliate domains, you should uninstall MyMapsWizard Toolbar from your PC as soon as possible.
Unpleasant Properties of MyMapsWizard Toolbar
Additionally, it may seriously diminish web browsing experience, increase the security vulnerabilities step-by-step and then track you. According to the creators of this PUP, it can gather your name, IP address, email address, geographical location, store websites name that you visit, your search activities, that could contain personally identifiable information as well. Therefore, you should keep in mind that the data gathered by MyMapsWizard Toolbar usually shared with the third parties or unknown advertisers who may misuse these data for suspicious purposes in order to get benefited illegally. Therefore, if your want your machine safe and protect your online privacy, it is highly recommended to delete this adware with the help of manual removal instructions provided below in this article.
Instructions To Delete MyMapsWizard Toolbar Assistance For From Your System
Step 1 : How To Reboot Your System in Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Restart your System. To be sure don’t miss the time because you need to press F8 as soon as the System starts booting.
- Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking option.
For Windows 8 & Win 8.1
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel >> System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap OK. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Click Troubleshoot icon, select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
- Tap Restart. After the reboot process,
- Click on Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
Step 2 : Delete All Hidden Files & Folders Related to MyMapsWizard Toolbar
- For this you need to know how to reveal hidden files and folders.
Step 3 : Process To Delete MyMapsWizard Toolbar From Control Panel
- Hold together Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl command and hit OK.
- You are now in Control Panel. Look for MyMapsWizard Toolbar related suspicious programs and Delete them immediately.
Step 4 : Delete Related Startup Items Created by MyMapsWizard Toolbar
- Type msconfig command in search field and click OK button. Now, a window will pop-up.
- Select Startup >> Uncheck all entries that have Unknown as Manufacturer or look for suspicious MyMapsWizard Toolbar related items.
Step 5 : Tips To Clean Suspicious IPs Linked With MyMapsWizard Toolbar
- Hold Start Key and R, paste “notepad %windir%/System32/Drivers/etc/hosts” command and tap OK. A new file will open.
- So, if you are hacked, there will be a number of unknown IPs connected to you at the bottom. You can see it on the image provided below.
Step 6 : Delete Rogue DNS Added by MyMapsWizard Toolbar
- Open start menu and search for the Network Connections (On Win 10 you just write it after clicking on the Windows button), then hit enter.
- Right-click on Network Adapter that you are using >> Properties >> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), and tap on Properties.
- Now, the DNS line should be set to the Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, then set it by yourself.
- Click on the Advanced >> DNS tab. Delete MyMapsWizard Toolbar and everything from here (if there is something), then hit OK.
Step 7 : Method To Eradicate MyMapsWizard Toolbar From Web Browsers
Delete MyMapsWizard Toolbar From Browser Shortcuts
- Right tap on browser shortcut, select Properties.
- Then after, Properties >> Shortcut. In the Target, eradicate MyMapsWizard Toolbar and everything after .exe.
NOTE: Here, we are showing steps for Google Chrome, but you can do this for IE and Firefox or Edge.
Delete MyMapsWizard Toolbar Related Add-ons From Internet Explorer:
- Open IE, and tap on Manage Add-ons.
- Find MyMapsWizard Toolbar >> Disable. Go to >> Internet Options >> alter the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked), then Apply.
Kill Malicious Extension Added by MyMapsWizard Toolbar In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap on Add-ons >> Extensions.
- Find MyMapsWizard Toolbar and click on Delete ASAP.
Step 8 : Guideline To Delete MyMapsWizard Toolbar From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously.
- Now, go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which ones are dangerous or related to MyMapsWizard Toolbar. Right click on each of the malicious processes separately and then select Open File Location.End process after you open the folder, then Delete the directories you were sent to.
Step 9 : Clean MyMapsWizard Toolbar Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Press CTRL and F together and type MyMapsWizard Toolbar. Right tap and Delete any entries you find with similar threat name.
- If the malware related registry entries do not show, then go manually to these directories and Delete them.