Clever-find.com: Facts Revealed
Indeed, Clever-find.com isn't a safe website. Eventually, it redirects your compromised browsers to phishing or commercial sites to generate affiliate commission. At first, it claims to provide improved search results but when you start using it you notice its malicious doings. Apparently, it doesn't provide relevant search results and most of the time it will focus on gaining fraud clicks by displaying unbelievable offers for online shopping, insurance, recharge and much more. More importantly, Clever-find.com fails our initial test as a search engine. We have seen the fake search engine assigning a custom Yahoo search page as your default search provider and malicious site links as your newtab link. Hence, whenever your open your web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer you undesired pages.
We have to make it clear that Clever-find.com might not be a destructive threat but it observes your online activities and collects your personal identifying information (PII) including system configuration details and much more. You should know that these informations include your name, email, phone number, most visited websites URL, shipping address, postal code, social security number, payment card numbers, IP address, Geo-location etc. Furthermore, you must note that Clever-find.com is hosted on 126.96.36.199 from Arizona, Phoenix. Research report also reveals that threat actors embed the deceptive search engine to freeware and shareware installers (setup.exe) in order to perform stealth installation.
Malicious Traits of Clever-find.com
- Following intrusion, the fake search engine embeds malicious script into your browsers. It replaces your search engine, home page, newtab and also changes Proxy settings to redirect your browsers to advertising portals repeatedly.
- You won't be able to stop unwanted redirects and insertion of creepy ads brought to you by the fake search engine. Even more, sometimes ads will have no close button.
- Clever-find.com is released for tracking your browsing habit, gathering crucial information and sending it to interested third parties. We can also put this like the deceptive search engine works for benefits of con artists. Though, you may be lead to become a victim of identity theft.
Finally, we recommend you to go through Advanced or Custom option while installing freeware like Media player, Freemake, Flash player, PDF converter etc from untrusted sites. If you find additional programs added into your regular installer then you must refuse to install them before proceeding installation. Now, you should get rid of Clever-find.com from affected system by utilizing following instruction wisely:
h2>Steps To Abolish Clever-find.com Manually from Windows XP
Method 1 : Reboot Windows System in Safe Mode For Clever-find.com Deletion Method 2 : Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders To Abolish Clever-find.com Method 3: Remove Startup Entries Related To Clever-find.com Possible Steps For Method 4: Abolish All Suspicious IPs Associated with Clever-find.com Method 5: Remove Rogue DNS of Clever-find.com From Affected Windows System Method 6: Clever-find.com Deletion From Infected Web Browsers Method 7: Abolish Clever-find.com Related Processes From Windows Task Manager Method 8: Deleting Malicious Registry Entries of Clever-find.com From Windows XP Method 9: Try Free Scanner for Clever-find.com Detection
Method 3: Remove Startup Entries Related To Clever-find.com Possible Steps For
- Press together the Start Key and R. Following that type appwiz.cpl → OK.
- Now you are in the control panel. Find suspicious entries and Remove it/them.
- Then after type msconfig in the search field and press enter. A window will pop-up :
- Start → Uncheck entries that have been “Unfamiliar” as manufacturer or seems suspicious.
Method 4: Abolish All Suspicious IPs Associated with Clever-find.com
- Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and tap OK :
- Now a new file will open. In a case if you are hacked, there will be a set of other IPs attached to you at the bottom. View the image shown below :
- In a case if new suspicious IPs get found in the “Localhost” – it is advised to write to us in the comments section.
Method 5: Remove Rogue DNS of Clever-find.com From Affected Windows System
- Now open the start menu and search for Network Connections (in the case of Windows 10, one just need to write it after tapping the Windows button), tap enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are utilizing → Properties → Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), tap Properties.
- Set the DNS line to Obtain DNS server automatically in a case if it is not by itself.
- Tap on Advanced → the DNS tab. Eliminate everything here (in a case if something get found) → OK.
Method 6: Clever-find.com Deletion From Infected Web Browsers
- Right click on the browser’s shortcut → Properties.
Note : Here Chrome 56.0.2924 has been shown, but one can do this for other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox:44.0.2 and IE 9:9.0.8080.16413 also.
- Properties → Shortcut. In target, Remove everything after .exe.
Abolish Clever-find.com from IE 9:9.0.8080.16413
- Initially open IE 9:9.0.8080.16413, tap Settings → Manage Add-ons.
- Detect the threat → Disable. Now Go to Settings → Internet Options → modify the URL to whatever you utilize ( in a case of hijacked) → Apply.
Remove Clever-find.com from Mozilla Firefox:44.0.2
- First of all open Mozilla Firefox:44.0.2, tap three bar icon → Add-ons → Extensions.
- Find out the threat → Abolish.
Abolish Clever-find.com From Chrome 56.0.2924
- Close Chrome 56.0.2924. Direct to :
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. Inside there is a Folder namely “Default”
- Rename it to Backup Default. Then after, restart Chrome 56.0.2924.
- Now at this instant of time, the infection is deleted fromChrome 56.0.2924, but one needs to accomplish the entire guide otherwise it may reappear on the Windows System reboot.
Method 7: Abolish Clever-find.com Related Processes From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + Esc together. Go to the Processes tab. After that try to determine Clever-find.com and the other dangerous ones. Now either Google them or ask us in the comments section.
- Right click on each of the troublesome procedures separately and make selection of Open File Location. Further end the process after opening the folder and then Remove the directories you were sent to.
Method 8: Deleting Malicious Registry Entries of Clever-find.com From Windows XP
- Type Regedit in the windows search field and then press Enter.
- Then after inside, press CTRL and F simultaneously. Following this, type the infection’s name i.e., Clever-find.com. Right click and Abolish any entries you find discover with a similar name. In a case if they don’t get displayed in the manner as discussed, go manually to those directories and Abolish / Remove them.
Method 9: Try Free Scanner for Clever-find.com Detection
- Still if you are unable to Remove Clever-find.com Manually, try free tool to scan and detect Clever-find.com now.
- Scan your PC using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Tool
- Click the above link to know how to install and use this tool for Deletion of this Clever-find.com from your compromised Windows System.