What is PUP.Optional.MailRU ?
PUP.Optional.MailRU is a shady adware program crafted by potent cyber offenders the primary objective of misleading novice PC users and then generating huge amount of illegal profit from them. It very similar to those of various other hazardous vicious programs of the same category, proliferates itself silently in the Windows PC without being acknowledged by the users. It onto being activated successfully, literally wreaks havoc onto the system.
Technical Details About PUP.Optional.MailRU
|Category||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Description||PUP.Optional.MailRU is a treacherous program capable of ruining the entire system badly for gaining illegal profit from users.|
|Perforation Method||Through freeware and shareware downloads, spam email campaigns, infectious external storage devices, pirated softwares etc.|
|Traits||Modifies system's default browsers settings,violates user's privacy,degrades PC's speed etc.|
|Affected OS||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10|
|Affected Browsers||Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and MS Edge|
PUP.Optional.MailRU once installed, acquire complete control over browser existing in the PC and then brings modification in their preset settings without the user's awareness. It furthermore, tracks the user's surfing session and drains out their personal stuff for the purpose of bombarding the victimized device's screen with endless intrusive ads on it's basis. The primary motto of crooks behind exercising this particular practice is to entice the users into tapping those ads and then gaining illegal profit from them. Researchers find these ads annoying on huge extent and degrading the PC's speed badly by taking up it's large amount of available CPU and memory space.
PUP.Optional.MailRU additionally steals the user's personal stuff and then transfer it to the cyber criminals for several unethical purposes. It beings in various other precarious infections in the system without the user's knowledge. Therefore, to keep the PC away from all such nasty traits, it is literally very important for the users to remove PUP.Optional.MailRU from the system.
How PUP.Optional.MailRU Installs Inside PC ?
PUP.Optional.MailRU generally comes packed within several freeware programs and penetrates inside system at time when users download and install them in their respective PC considering them totally reliable. Threat besides might propagate itself through junk emails, pirated softwares, corrupted hardwares, online games and suspicious links.
Instructions To Uninstall PUP.Optional.MailRU Possible Steps For From Your Windows System
Step 1 : How To Reboot Your Windows System in Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Restart your Windows System. To be sure don’t miss the time because you need to press F8 as soon as the Windows System starts booting.
- Then after, choose Safe Mode With Networking option.
For Windows 8 & Win 8.1
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel >> Windows System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> Windows System Configuration.
- Now, check the Safe Boot option and tap OK. Click Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Click Troubleshoot icon, select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
- Tap Restart. After the reboot process,
- Click on Enter Safe Mode With Networking.
Step 2 : Uninstall All Hidden Files & Folders Related to PUP.Optional.MailRU
- For this you need to know how to reveal hidden files and folders.
Step 3 : Process To Uninstall PUP.Optional.MailRU From Control Panel
- Hold together Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl command and hit OK.
- You are now in Control Panel. Look for PUP.Optional.MailRU related suspicious programs and Uninstall them immediately.
Step 4 : Uninstall Related Startup Items Created by PUP.Optional.MailRU
- Type msconfig command in search field and click OK button. Now, a window will pop-up.
- Select Startup >> Uncheck all entries that have Unknown as Manufacturer or look for suspicious PUP.Optional.MailRU related items.
Step 5 : Tips To Clean Suspicious IPs Linked With PUP.Optional.MailRU
- Hold Start Key and R, paste “notepad %windir%/Windows System32/Drivers/etc/hosts” command and tap OK. A new file will open.
- So, if you are hacked, there will be a number of unknown IPs connected to you at the bottom. You can see it on the image provided below.
Step 6 : Uninstall Rogue DNS Added by PUP.Optional.MailRU
- Open start menu and search for the Network Connections (On Win 10 you just write it after clicking on the Windows button), then hit enter.
- Right-click on Network Adapter that you are using >> Properties >> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), and tap on Properties.
- Now, the DNS line should be set to the Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, then set it by yourself.
- Click on the Advanced >> DNS tab. Uninstall PUP.Optional.MailRU and everything from here (if there is something), then hit OK.
Step 7 : Method To Eradicate PUP.Optional.MailRU From Web Browsers
Uninstall PUP.Optional.MailRU From Browser Shortcuts
- Right tap on browser shortcut, select Properties.
- Then after, Properties >> Shortcut. In the Target, eradicate PUP.Optional.MailRU and everything after .exe.
NOTE: Here, we are showing steps for Google Chrome, but you can do this for IE and Firefox or Edge.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.MailRU Related Add-ons From Internet Explorer:
- Open IE, and tap on Manage Add-ons.
- Find PUP.Optional.MailRU >> Disable. Go to >> Internet Options >> alter the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked), then Apply.
Kill Malicious Extension Added by PUP.Optional.MailRU In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap on Add-ons >> Extensions.
- Find PUP.Optional.MailRU and click on Uninstall ASAP.
Step 8 : Guideline To Uninstall PUP.Optional.MailRU From Windows Task Manager
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously.
- Now, go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which ones are dangerous or related to PUP.Optional.MailRU. Right click on each of the malicious processes separately and then select Open File Location.End process after you open the folder, then Uninstall the directories you were sent to.
Step 9 : Clean PUP.Optional.MailRU Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Press CTRL and F together and type PUP.Optional.MailRU. Right tap and Uninstall any entries you find with similar threat name.
- If the malware related registry entries do not show, then go manually to these directories and Uninstall them.