Adylkuzz Virus – Analysis Report
Adylkuzz Virus first discovered on May 16th, 2017 at 1:32:59 AM and it is considered as a severe trojan horse that especially targets computers running Microsoft Windows. Primarily, the trojan downloads a cryptocurrency miner onto the compromised system from one of the following servers:
Afterwards, connects to hXXp://]panel.minecoins18.com/install/st to report the successful installation. Next, you should note that the trojan is programmed to create WHDMIDE and WELM service on the compromised computer without any notification. Even more, Adylkuzz Virus is created by highly experienced programmers, hence if taskmgr.exe, mmc.exe and procexp.exe, any of these are running then it stops the miner process in order to avoid detection and deletion. Surprisingly, the trojan collects information such as Global IP address, Malware version, Operating system architecture, CPU frequency, number of processors and memory size and sends the data to a remote server controlled by cyber crooks. Furthermore, this trojan is capable of checking various AV vendors processes such as avp.exe, macshield.exe, qhlpsvc.exe and more before connecting to panel.minecoins18.com to download any updates. Apparently, it uses your computer resource to mine bitcoin currency without your knowledge. Hence, your should remove Adylkuzz Virus from your computer after gathering needful information.
Adylkuzz Virus – Few Ways of Distribution
- Spam emails containing exploit kit or macro enabled attachments along with phishing messages always deliver Adylkuzz Virus or other trojan horse on the Window PC.
- Pirated software/games come bundled up with trojan droppers, when you install pirated copy of them, your PC gets victimized.
- USB drives can also deliver Adylkuzz Virus if you do not scan it at first before copying data.
- Unsafe websites may deliver executables of viruses via Drive by downloads as well.
Therefore, we recommend you to be cautious while your online session. Above all, you should secure your computer with a multi-layer security provider software to witness instant protection against any new threats. Now you should follow Adylkuzz Virus removal guide:
Manual Instructions to Delete Adylkuzz Virus From PC (Working Guide)
Method : 1 How to Use Safe Mode with Networking to Remove Adylkuzz Virus
For Windows XP | Vista | 7
- Keep on tapping F8 until Advanced Boot Options Window appears
- Now select Safe Mode with Networking option from the list
For Windows 8/ 10
- Press Power button at the bottom of Windows Login screen. Press and Hold Shift button on the keyboard and tap restart
- Tap Troubleshoot Under Advanced Option in Startup settings and press on Restart
- Now select Enable Safe Mode with Networking in Start up settings
Step: 2 How to Reveal Hidden Files and Folders. (This page will guide users on how to reveal hidden files in Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10. Users are instructed not to skip this step in any case as various files and folders created by Adylkuzz Virus might be hidden and need to be cleaned before proceeding further.)
Step 3: Hold Start Key + R and copy + paste appwiz.cpl –> OK.
This will open Control Panel. Now look for all Adylkuzz Virus related suspicious entries and Uninstall it at once.
Now Type msconfig in the search box and press enter
Uncheck suspicious and Adylkuzz Virus related entries.
Step: 4 Press Start Key and R – copy + paste the following command and click on OK:
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Now, a new file will open. If your system has been hacked by Adylkuzz Virus, there will be a bunch of unknown IPs connected to the machine at the bottom. Look at the image below:
- If there are lots of suspicious IPs below “Localhost”, then eliminate it without any delay.
Step 5: Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab and try to determine which one is a Adylkuzz Virus process.
- Right click on each of the Adylkuzz Virus processes separately and select the Open File Location. End process after you open the folder. Then after, remove the directories you were sent to.
Step 6: Type Regedit in Windows search field and hit Enter.
- Once inside, press the CTRL and F together and type the Adylkuzz Virus. Right click and remove any entries that you find with a similar name. If they do not show in this way, then go manually to these directories and uninstall them:
Step 7: How to Scan Adylkuzz Virus Using Free Tool
Still if Adylkuzz Virus exists on your system, then you need to Free scan your PC with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software. This page has clear installation instructions and how to use it.